Monday, September 15, 2014

Subtle Gradient featuring Zoya Cosmo & Bar Magical Pixie Dusts

Well, it's time for me to start playing catch up in Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge 2014 with my day 10 prompt, gradient nails.
I really wanted to do a textured gradient again this year, as I simply love them! It took me DAYS to decide on what combo I wanted to do because I wanted to try something different from my most beloved textured gradient nails that were inspired by iron ore. Once it occurred to me I tend to go bold or only accent with textured polishes, I knew I wanted to try and create something subtle and delicate looking that would contrast nicely with the textured finish.
With an idea in mind, I took to my polishes again and spotted the gorgeous Magical Pixie Dust polishes from Zoya I had yet to try. In photos and descriptions I honestly wasn't sold on the beauty of the Magical Pixie dust line, but boy was I wrong - if you like textured or glittered polishes try one. I'm so glad I did! I'd had such a hard time deciding Bar (warm topaz) or Cosmo (silver), and ended up purchasing both. Now I can say, I'm so thankful I did because these two look phenomenal together; I don't want to take them off!
I started with a base of OPI Peel Off Glitter Base Coat. Once dry, I applied two thin coats of Cosmo over the entire nail. I then painted just over half my nail with Bar, and then applied Cosmo slightly over the middle area and on the other half of the nail twice. I did this to create a more subtle gradient effect while not loosing any of the beautiful glitter to a sponge.
Just look at the beautiful sparkle against the matte background. Love...
As previously stated, I can't stop staring at these beauties. Which did put me even further behind on the #31DC2014 prompts. heh. These nails are worth it in my opinion!