Tuesday, September 3, 2013

31DC2013 : Lush Lacquer's Summer Lovin' (in Orange)

I'm back with day 2 of Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge 2013, and I'm thrilled to share my orange manicure! Preparatory warning, I ended up falling in love with this manicure, and in turn my post is picture heavy! I needed every photo though ;u)
But before we dive into my manicure, I have swatches of Lush Lacquer's Summer Lovin', "a pink jelly base with a mixture of neon glitters...we packed this polish with neon pink, orange, yellow and blue matte glitters. We also added medium size pink matte glitters for contrast."
 
 Base colors from pinky to thumb: Zoya Purity; butter LONDON Kerfuffle, & Snog; Sephora Pantone Universe Tangerine Tango Creme; & Bluesby.

As you can see from my pinky, the base is more salmon than pink, which is a major plus to me. I'm also a huge fan of matte glitter. I truly love how this polish seems to morph into something new with each base color. Unfortunately, no matter how many photos I took, this polish would not capture well. I got plenty of compliments in person; and some, "Where can I get it?". I applied this easily in one thin coat. It wore for three days before I took it off, with minor chipping on one nail. Also, this polish could easily be worn without a base color (or with a nude) if you wore multiple coats for a heavy glitter effect.

And now for my orange manicure, featuring Summer Lovin' and some floral nail art. I hope you enjoy it!
 Colors used: Lush Lacquer Summer Lovin'; butter LONDON Kerfuffle; Julep Cody; Sephora Pantone Universe Tangerine Tango Creme; Zoya Purity; & Bluesby.
I did some ombre on my thumb with my base and in reverse with my floral. I am delighted with the results, so you will be seeing more of this! On an aside, my nails went perfectly with flowers I received from a patient; and therefore, I seized the opportunity for a nail photo shoot.
 
 
 
 
 
If you made it this far, I hope you enjoyed the post! As always, please feel free to  leave me you're feedback on the manicure or any questions. In addition, let me know if you have any requests/ideas you would like to see me do. All my polishes are purchased by me (or a gift from a friend, not supplier) unless otherwise stated.
 #31dc2013   #31DC2013