Sunday, September 1, 2013

31DC2013 : Windestine's Delirium (in Red)

Today I have my red mani to start off Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge 2013 to run the month of September. My inspiration was Taylor Swift's song RED. My nails have the "burning red" felt when you're deep in love; as well as blue when you've lost that love; and the gray (silver in my case) of missing the love you've lost. Something you'll notice the more you visit my blog is my tendency to interpret challenges (and everything else) in a different light than most. In this case, I'm also not a big red person, so making it more my style also helps.

 
 
 For this manicure I used Windestine's Delirium (which I review below); Butter London's Knees Up, & Slapper; & L.A. Colors BCC 571 (Silver). I also used Pueen's 2013 stamping plates #01 & #15.    #31dc2013   #31DC2013

Windestine's Delirium "consists of matte red hex & hearts, as well as matte turquoise hex & diamonds in a clear base." In my bottle the glitter appears a mattified metallic. This polish applied smoothly, but does require some fishing for the larger glitters (i.e. hearts & hexes). I really love the color combinations. Swatches below show one coat on pointer, middle, & ring fingers; and two coats on pinky. Base colors from left to right L.A. Colors BCC 571 (also on pinky), Julep Cody, & OPI  My Private Jet Set.
Swatches of with Seche Vite topcoat:
Swatches with butter LONDON Matte Finish topcoat:
 
As always, please feel free to  leave me you're feedback on the manicure or any questions. In addition, let me know if you have any requests/ideas you would like to see me do. All my polishes are purchased by me (or a gift from a friend, not supplier) unless otherwise stated.