Sunday, August 25, 2013

Windestine - Cotton Candy & Rainy Day Blues

Hello everyone! I know it has been quite a long while, so please forgive me. The IMTA convention was a blast & now that preparation for it is over, my schedule has slowed done. No more school (at least for now). Also, my boyfriend came to visit for a couple weeks; and I'm sorry to say to you, what little time I get to see him takes precedence over my blog. With this all in mind, he's back to school in another state & I'm going to be back with blog posts. I've got lots of photos on the back burner, they just need editing love and a post to go with them. I'm going to be incorporating polish reviews into my nail art. I also changed up how I'm posting my pictures (yay or nay!?!).
Today I have the wonderful brand of Windestine, whose polishes I have lusted over for a while. This mani features Cotton Candy & Rainy Day Blues.
First photo is two coats, second is three coats. Cotton candy on pinky & pointer, Rainy day blues on ring & middle.


First I have Cotton Candy - a pale nude base with peachy undertones. It features various sized glitter hexes and fine glitter in a peacock blue; as well as small glitter in an iridescent periwinkle blue.
I personally love this color combo! I'm all about a bold and fun nude, and as an added bonus it reminds me of the beach. The larger glitter did require quite a bit of fishing to get out, but the reward was worth it (I did no fishing for two coat so you could see the difference-and I actually like that the polish has more versatility). Also, as you can seem, some of the larger hexes aren't complete.

Next I have Rainy Day Blues - a peacock blue jelly littered with fine & bar glitter in peacock blue; as well as small glitter in an iridescent periwinkle blue and fine iridescent silver glitter.
This is one beautiful glitter bomb with a lot of depth. The shape and size of the glitter make is seem like a fine shower of rain coming down, with glints of water sparkling in the sunlight. Application was a breeze, and the results were wonderful.

 
 Close up of three coats. Look at those colors!

Both polishes lasted three days with only minor chipping- two or three nails. I used Butter London's base & top coat. I'm a nurse, so my nails get really banging up at work (OPI usually maxes out at 1 1/2 days, & then it's major chipping), so this is a huge compliment. I was actually able to touch up my chips & wear my mani another two days.

 Three coats, different angles.

There you have them. As always, please feel free to  leave me you're feedback on the manicure or any questions. In addition, let me know if you have any requests/ideas you would like to see me do. All my polishes are purchased by me (or a gift from a friend, not supplier) unless otherwise stated.