Tuesday, September 3, 2013

31DC2013 : Happy Hands I've Made a Huge Mistake! (in Yellow)

Hello everyone. For day 3 of Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge 2013, I am happily featuring Happy Hands I've Made a Huge Mistake! Collection. I truly love this collection, and Arrested Development, so when Happy Hands re-released it with Neflix's web series I snatched up the collection. If you have never watched Arrested Development, "I'm sorry, I'm going to stop you," "But now is my chance to be a hero." Watch it. You'll either love it or hate it, but give it a chance. These are from an archive of need to post and psyched to share...
Below I have the full I've Made a Huge Mistake! Collection on swatch sticks (one coat each).
Illusions, Micheal - "Put away your Sword of Destiny and put on this magical polish! Illusions, Michael contains a mix of red, gold, orange, and holographic stars" This applied smoothly in one easy coat. I only fished a little for the star glitter. Our next quote applies to this polish & the next.
GOB: Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money. [GOB notices children in earshot] ...Or candy!

Tricks Are Something a Whore Does For Money Or Candy - "This is no illusion! A protestacular mix of silver, holographic green, and gold glitters including some truly magical holo stars!" This polish applied the same as Illusions, Micheal. In both cases, I was not overwhelmed by their appearance in the bottle, but once I had them on I was so happy I had purchased them! 


 Mayonegg - "There’s nothing too disgusting about this milky white polish with yolk-y yellow glitter!"Shown below is three coats. This polish was a little thick, but applied smoothly-and as you'll see in my complete manicure, a top coat smooths everything out nicely.
George Michael: Oh, it’s so cute. She sometimes takes a little pack of mayonnaise, and she’ll squirt it in her mouth all over, and then she’ll take an egg and kind of... Mmmm! She calls it a “mayonegg.”


Banana Stand - "A yummy yellow jelly crème with chocolate-brown glitter and of course, there’s always green glitter in Banana Stand!" This polish applied like a dream & photos do not do it justice. It looks great in one & two coats.
George Sr.: How much clearer can I say it: "THERE IS ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND!"


Motherboy - "There’s nothing like a mother & son wearing matching outfits, and now they can match their nail polish too! This is a mix of pastel satin glitters in green, aqua, baby blue(th), pink, and lavender." This polish suits it's namesake perfectly. It applied like a dream.
Buster: Nothing like a Mother Boy ball, RIGHT!  [Mother Boy was annual dance promoting mother-son bonding, where they wore matching/coordinating outfits.]


For British Eyes Only - "Only a Mr. F wouldn’t love this polish (just kidding)! A teal jelly with satin & holographic teal glitter, it truly is love, indubitably." This was my first must have Happy Hands. It's a sea of the perfect teal, and applies like a dream. They nailed the quotes already..

I Just Blew Myself - "Now you can blue yourself, too! Multiple sizes, shapes, and finishes of blue glitter make this a perfect glittery topcoat to finish yourself off!" This polish also applied like a dream! It also worked nicely for my 4th of July manicure when paired with Illusions, Micheal &
Tricks Are Something a Whore Does For Money Or Candy.
Tobias Fünke: I'm afraid that I just blue myself. (covered in blue body paint)
Michael Bluth: There really has got to be a better way to say that.

The base of my yellow manicure is Mayonegg, with the rest of the collection (& a couple other Happy Hands must haves) layered over it!
 Toppers from left to right: Morgan; Morgan & I Just Blue Myself; I Just Blue Myself; Am I Not Yours?; & For British Eyes Only.
 Toppers from left to right: Mother Boy; Moyonegg; Banana Stand; Tricks Are Something a Whore Does For Money Or Candy; & Illusions, Micheal!
I hope you enjoyed the post. As you can see, the entire collection goes great together as a whole. As always, please feel free to  leave me you're feedback on the manicure or any questions. In addition, let me know if you have any requests/ideas you would like to see me do. All my polishes are purchased by me (or a gift from a friend, not supplier) unless otherwise stated.
#31dc2013   #31DC2013