Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Metallic Raven Distressed Nails

As I continue to wrap up Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge  2014 I bring you day 30, which is inspired by Chalkboard Nails Distressed Nail Tutorial.
I decided to add a little twist by starting with a black base and using metallic polishes for the distressing. I used Zoya Raven for the base; and using a (nearly) dry brush technique to apply Zoya Neve, Giovanna, and Mason. I sealed everything together with my go to, butter LONDON Hardware.
I really wanted the final look to be a little mysterious, with the colors catching in the light to create something unexpected when wearing black polish. I think I suceeded, because I really loved wearing these nails and found myself staring at them often.
Did you enjoy my distressed nails over a dark base? Have you ever tried wearing distressed/grunge nail art? I feel this could be made very whimsical, too, with a nude, pastels, and glitter polish...Can you see my wheels turning? Any who, I hope this post finds and leaves you well!
#31DC2014