Monday, September 15, 2014

French Dotticure over a Subtle Pixie Dust Gradient

And I'm back again with day 11 of Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge 2014, (polka) dots. I decided to layer on top of my beautiful day 10 look which featured a gradient of Zoya Cosmo (silver) & Bar (warm topaz) from the Magical Pixie Dust line.
I know I've been doing a lot of refreshing and changing up looks; but I honestly didn't want to take these beauties off, so I figured why not add to them? Keeping with the simple elegance of these nails I wanted dots that were subtle. Then I thought, why not add a rose gold shade and ended with butter LONDON The Old Bill.
I decided to apply my dots to the tips on my nails only to create a French dotticure, because I've enjoyed doing this in previous nail art. I opted to go less dot heavy this time around to create a more delicate finish.
I really enjoy these nails. From a distance you just see the glowing beauty of this gorgeous gradient (Can you tell I'm obsessed?) and up close the dots really add something unexpected and oddly beautiful.
I hope you enjoy these nails as much as I do. It's hard to believe I'm going to have to take off this beautiful polish for another #31DC2014 nail art design. I should probably get my thinking cap on so I don't end up even more behind. Here's to a wonderful week for us all!