Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Lillibet's 18K Gold Jubilee

Day 8 of Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge 2014 features Metallic. I know I'm a day late in posting, but I did actually paint my nails on the correct day. ;u)

So, I had a few ideas running through my head for this challenge; however, my health won out and something quick and simple had to be done. I started out with a lovely dusty lavender leaning silver metallic foil - butter LONDON Lillibet's Jubilee. Absolutely gorgeous!
My plan was to wear this on it's own. Unfortunately, I got a phone can and my mad multitasking skills caused me to smudge the tips a of couple nails. If you've worn metallic polish before, you understand how it's nearly impossible to correct even the slightest mistake.
Since I didn't want to restart my mani, I opted to layer OPI Pure 18K White Gold and Silver Top Coat over it to hide the imperfections.
My plan worked and looks quite lovely in person. In photos however, the topcoat flakes lea very yellow because of the purple base they are atop.
I was a little disappointed in myself for smudging these to start with; but I'm happy to still be semi keeping up with the #31DC2014 prompts despite how I'm feeling.