Monday, November 25, 2013

Pretty & Polished When Hearts Kaleidoscope

Today I have nail art featuring Pretty & Polished When Hearts Kaleidoscope for day 27 of The Crumpet's 33 Day Challenge. I decided to mix things up by doing my nail art over glitter, and even using the glitter to assist in some of the designs. The three patterns I choice to use were leopard, flowers, and plaid, but before we get to that, I've got photos and a review of this beautiful polish.

When Hearts Kaleidoscope - "Creamy cranberry pink and gorgeous gold come together in a polish that is simply decadent." This polish is a beautiful cranberry crelly (creme/jelly) with various sizes of gold hexes and fuchsia circle glitters. I really love the way the gold transforms with the differently layers/coats, giving this polish even more depth and interest. I didn't have to fish for glitter; however, I did choose to shift glitter placement to give the polish more depth and not allow all the glitter to crowd one place. Photos show three thin coats with topcoat. I'm not a pink person; but I can honestly say this was a must have polish for me and it did not disappoint!
And here's the promised nail art. I keep going back and forth on whether I like the plaid. I honestly did it because I wanted to practice my plaid skills, and for that I am pleased. Overall, I really love the way the polishes and designs play together, creating a sort of optical illusion. I was even asked, "How did they get glitter to do that?," because a friend thought it was all one polish. I'm not going the lie, it made me smile to know I played them together so well.
Other polishes used: So Easy Stripe Rite in Pink and Fuchsia; and Color Club Art Club You're Golden.
I hope you like these nails as much I do. You can purchase Pretty & Polished products on their site, and follow them on Facebook. Please, feel free to  leave me you're feedback or any questions you might have. In addition, let me know if you have any requests/ideas you would like to see. All my polishes are purchased by me (or a gift from a friend, not supplier) unless otherwise stated.