Sunday, September 7, 2014

Little Town Ladscape Nails

Day 7 of Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge 2014 brings us to the ever popular black and white day - also known as the day I remain stumped, because I've never been a huge fan of wearing B&W. It's not that I don't enjoy the combo, but I just don't love it on my nails as much as I do on everyone else.
I simply love Pretty & Polished April Showers so much I didn't want to remove it quite yet. And since the base is white when warm I figured I was halfway to a nail art look.
So, today I spent a great deal of time thinking about something simple I could do, as I'm still recouping from the festivities of yesterday. I've always enjoyed black stamping over glittered polish, so I figured I might as well take a look at some of my much neglected stamping plates. Once I came upon one with a NYC skyline I knew some sort of landscape/skyline was my pick. Then I spotted my MoYou LONDON Landscape Collection Plate 06 (now part of the Mother Nature Collection) and my search was over.
I used Cult Nails Nevermore so stamping the images and fill in the land at the base on each nail. I then seal the look off with Cult Nails Wicked Fast Top coat after the polish had dried.
Honestly, how perfect is the April Showers for a landscape? It's as if the sun is setting and my nails are going from day to night. Added bonus, when my hands do it cold, it's like a little town after nightfall.
Granted, my stamping needs some work; but I am just delighted with how fun this little town on my nails is. I smile every time I look at my nails. Hopefully, you'll all let the splash of blue in my black and white nails slide. It's hard to believe this is the end of the first week of the #31DC2014. It feels great to have made it this far. Congratulations to everyone else participating! If you've fallen behind on your goals, as I did yesterday, just pick yourself back up and push forward at your own pace in whatever it is you're working towards/striving for.