Sunday, February 2, 2014

Loaded Lacquer Steampunked Swatches and Review

Today I have Loaded Lacquer Steampunked, the polish that first drew me to purchase from Loaded Lacquer. I can totally see this polish with steampunked and tribal themed nail art, but today i decided to pair it with something a little less expected - mint.
Steampunked - Created...for retro-futuristic industrialized nails lovers!  Hardware for your fingertips! This polish features copper, bronze, gold, silver, and gunmetal circles, bars and hexes; as well as black rectangles in a clear (very slight brown tint) base. You can see this tint a little on my nails; if that bothers you, apply your polish to a sponge and then dab on you nails. This trick also helps keep your polish from feeling too thick on the nails.
This polish applied smoothy and has a light to medium glitter density. I did have to dab and shift the glitter a bit for placement, but I really like even coverage in my glitter polishes. My ring finger shows three coats of Steampunked; while the rest of my nails feature a glitter gradient (1-3 coats) over butter LONDON Fiver.
I really love the various metallic colors of this polish; and I think that's because I enjoy wearing mixed metal in my jewelry. With that in mind, this may be a new staple for accenting my nail art or just adding a little something to a simple manicure.
And here's a close up so you can really see all the glitter shapes.
 So, what do you think? You can purchase Loaded Lacquer on their site; and follow them on Facebook and Instagram. Please, feel free to  leave me you're feedback or any questions you might have. In addition, let me know if you have any requests/ideas you would like to see. All my polishes are purchased by me (or a gift from a friend, not supplier) unless otherwise stated.