Thursday, February 6, 2014

Green Nimbus Nails

For this weeks GOT Challenge I have concocted gorgeous, green nimbus nails! I haven't used this technique much since I started my blog, but I'm so happy I'm revisiting it!
For this look I started out with a base of Sinful Colors Green Bean.
 I then applied a layer of butter LONDON Hardware, my favorite topcoat, to protect my base.
After my base was dry, I used a Q-tip dipped in acetone and then polish (you can rotate between the two to get your desired effect) to dott on a Wet 'n' Wild polish (so old the name has worn off, but it's still applies like new even though it's from elementary school). The Nailasaurus has an excellent tutorial on this technique.
I then used the same technique to dot on OPI Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow.
Once dry, I finished everything off with another layer of topcoat.
I must say, I am really liking the metallic base with this manicure. In the past have always tended to favor creams. Do you have a favorite base for your nimbus or dotticure nails? Let me know in the comments. Also, feel free to leave any questions, suggestions, or requests for me. I love seeing your feedback and I hope you enjoyed today's post.