Saturday, September 28, 2013

31DC2013 : butter LONDON Rainbow Tape Manicure (+Tutorial)

Today I have day 27  of Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge 2013 and day 3 of The Crumpet's 33 Day Challenge. This is a taped manicure based on fine line quilting (as artwork). I found an outline for a quilt here, sadly I could not find a photo of the final quilt. All the same I new I wanted to make this into nail art.

How to instructions:
   One. Paint solid colored base.
   Two. Dot next color onto scrunched up sandwich baggie (or saran wrap) and then blot on nail. Apply top coat (this will help protect base from tape), ideally quick dry. Wait for polish to fully dry.
   Three. Apply striping tape to nails. Be sure it seals against the nail, especially near the cuticle, to prevent bleeding under the tape. It helps to leave tails for easier removal.
   Four. Dot two darker/different colors onto scrunched up sandwich baggie and then blot on nail as you did in Step One. Then remove tape immediately after, before moving onto next nail (this helps ensure solid edge lines). Once done, finish off with your favorite top coat.

Colors used: butter LONDON Cotton Buds, Kerfuffle, Silly Billy, Jaffa, Jasper, Crumpet, Fiver, Jaded Jack, Srag Do, Sprog, Keks, Blagger, Muggins, Molly-Coddled, & Pitter Patter.
 Please feel free to  leave me you're feedback on this manicure or any questions you might have. In addition, let me know if you have any requests/ideas you would like to see. All my polishes are purchased by me (or a gift from a friend, not supplier) unless otherwise stated.  
#31dc2013   #31DC2013   #crumpetsnailtarts

Since there are two challenges featured, I'm just going to share the InLinkz for both below:
Chalkboard Nails Day 27 InLinkz