Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Friday Night Knitting Club Inspired Nails

Today's post was inspired by a book (series) the Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs and is the day 24 prompt of Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge  2014. I'm disappointed in how these nails turned out, but I really want to finish the challenge before I leave for vacation on Thursday so I've decided to post this look anyway.
I, again, used JulieG Cruise Collection 2014 for this post, which can also be seen in my day 18, day 16 and day 3 looks. I applied a different shade in the collection for each nail starting with my pinky and moving down using Tahiti (green), Santorini (blue), Rio de Janerio (purple), Miami Beach (reddish-pink), Old San Juan (orange), and Canary Island (yellow and only color not used as base).
Once dry, I stamped a yarn image from Bundle Monsters Create Your Own 2013 plate 409 and a few dotted shades of polish in an attempt at a stamping gradient. I wanted to create varying shades in the same family of yarn on my nails; but unfortunately, some polishes faded to well into the background making sections of my nail appear blank. Normally, I apply a topcoat so I can remove images if they don't work out, but of course this time I didn't because I wanted a faded effect. I finished everything off with a coat of OPI Matte Top Coat which smudged my pinky slightly; however, I was already disappointed in these nails so I didn't try to fix it. Sorry.
I really loved the idea of these nails; just not my execution. Also, I sadly forgot to take a picture of them with the book series despite having them out to do so. Epic fail of minor proportions. I have less than a weeks worth of posts to go in the #31DC2014 and only a few days left to get them done (and pack, and work, and dream big...heh) before I leave for vacation. Wish me luck!