Thursday, September 4, 2014

Canary Yellow Daisies

Somehow I've made it to/through Day 3 of Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge 2014, Yellow. I was so excited for today's prompt because I love yellow; however, I pushed myself a little too far today. Oops.
For those of you who don't know, I have autonomic dysfunction - remember learning about your sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems, well, mine don't function properly (more here). I had multiple autonomic tests today and a surprisingly good day/few days - honestly, the best I've felt in over 10 months. So, I wanted to enjoy time out of my apartment and with my mom. I was able to walk around the mall and remain standing a fair amount of the time. It was wonderful! Now my head is spinning and I can barely sit up or see straight, which means my lovely "yellow" day has turned into a less than ideal daisy print. I finished them, and that's really what counts most to me.
Anywho (yes I know this is not a really word..heh), onto my daisy nails.
Many of you may also not know daisies are my favorite flowers! I've done nail art with them before, but it's been far too long since then.
For this look, I started off with either Philly Loves Lacquer Golden Crown or JulieG Canary Island. I then used an angles nail art brush and the opposite polish to paint on the petals. Next I dotted Julep Catrina in the center of each flower using the same nail art brush. Finally I applied butter LONDON Hardware Topcoat to smooth things out.
I hope you enjoy these. If you haven't, check out the InLinz below because there are a lot of great #31DC2014 looks today!