Monday, March 24, 2014

Cadillacquer The Dark...Whatever Swatches

So, this past month I was highly uninspired to do nail art, paint my nails, really do anything; and then I told myself, "You need to stop slumming around and do something." Then I remembered I had purchased this color I'd been lusting over for months and went to find . . . Cadillacquer The Dark...Whatever. Needless to say, my desire to paint my nails was rekindled and I'm back to blogging.
The Dark...Whatever has a sheer blue/grey base with small black, small iridescent and bigger blue hex glitter. 
My batch had a much bluer hue than many of the other swatches you'll see posted, and this is due to the fact that small batches are made by hand causing some variance. I applied three coats to achieve opacity-I'm thinking I may use a grey base next time to really allow the glitter to pop.
This polish is truly enchanting to me, like a blue rose, which is likely why I strongly desire to freehand rose outlines over this polish. To be honest, the only reason I did not was because I couldn't stop staring at my nails long enough to paint them.
I had to include the below photo of my nails after six days of wear - just one chip! I was shocked my nails held up so well, sadly I cannot say the same for fingers. I did use butter LONDON Nail Foundation and Hardware.
And a close up, so you can see how well this polish held up (and the lone chip on my pointer finger).
Well I hope you enjoy this shade as much as I do! You can purchase Cadillacquer on Big Cartel and follow them of Facebook and/or Instagram. I hope you're having a wonderful week. Please feel free to leave any comments or requests below.