Saturday, January 25, 2014

Magenta Fetish Skittlette

Hello all! I have finally returned from my vacation, which I had planned to share I was going on with a few posts (this included) but brilliantly left my computer (and in turn photos) behind. I guess life was trying to tell me to stop working so much, if only for a short period of time. All the same, I am glad to be back and sharing a simple, but beautiful manicure featuring a couple polishes from the LVX Winter Resort 2014 Collection.
I must start off by saying, I love all of the colors in this collection - i.e. I couldn't resist purchasing them all. So, if you want to see swatches of a particular color please comment and I'll make that happen. Also, I'm thinking about doing a haul every month or so with my newest polishes; and then letting your comments guide what I swatch on the blog. I'm hoping this will allow me to focus more on my nail art and less on swatches that you may not be interested in seeing.
Alright, now back to the nails. I have always liked skittle (all different) and skittelette (three different) nails, because they are so versatile. They allow you to mix colors, prints, textures, glitters, etc. into a stream of endless possibilities.
Also, I really liked the way these polished played together, being both feminine and strong at the same time. LVX Magenta is very feminine and romantic, while LVX Caviar adds a little grit and Cult Nails Fetish has a leathered effect.
Overall, I was really please with these nail and enjoy wearing them. It's nice to do something simple once and a while. And on an aside, why is it I keep forgetting to moisturize my pointer finger?
I also did some swatches of LVX Magenta since I used it as my base.
 LVX Magenta - This alluring fuscia is feminine yet bold. Magenta is a stunning gemstone that gives us a positive outlook for the cold Winter season. Pair this refreshing bright hue with Sapphire and silver hues.
And a couple out of focus photos so you can really see the color shifts of the glitter.
Please, feel free to  leave me you're feedback or any questions you might have. In addition, let me know if you have any requests/ideas you would like to see. All my polishes are purchased by me (or a gift from a friend, not supplier) unless otherwise stated.