Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Holiday (Darling) Diva Collection

Confessional time...about a week and a half ago I busted a nail about 3/4ths of the way down and a 1/3 of the way in, so I went into hiding since my patch only helped so much. (I'll let you all guess which..heh.) It's finally growing out some, although you'll have to forgive any glimpses. I've also decided to join Will Paint Nails For Food's Beginning Blogger's Bootcamp. As a result of this, I've been revamping the look of my blog thanks to some reader/blogger feedback. I hope you like the changes, you'll have to let me know.
Today I received three of Darling Diva's Holiday Diva Collection polishes - Naughty Mrs. Claus, Princess North Wind, and Flocons de Neige Sous L'aurore; and they were all so beautiful the swatches needed to happen ASAP!
Naughty Mrs. Claus - Luscious red polish with red/gold shimmer! Mrs. Claus just got sexxxay!!!
As you can see, this is a luscious cranberry red jelly with iridescent red and gold flakes.
This polish reminds me of cuddling up under my favorite blanket (it deep red) next to flickering candle or fireplace.
 Other polishes used: Art Club White.
Photos show three coats with a pond manicure accent nails so you can see the jelly in full effect. I also used the added snowflakes (see below) which come with Flocons de Neige Sous L'aurore.
Application was a little streaky when applying thinner coats, but the polish evened out nicely even before topcoat was applied.
Overall, I really like the subtle holiday influences in this polish which make it both festive and year round friendly.
Princess North Wind - This delicate white crelly has lovely holographic blue glitters. So pretty and clean looking. This can be opaque in 3 coats.
 As seen, this polish is a white crelly (cream/jelly) - one of my weaknesses - filled with a moderate amount of very small to small holographic hexes (there may be some squares too). This polish also contains iridescent blue micro glitter which gives it this gorgeous shimmer.
The micro glitter in this reminds me of snow shimmering in the moonlight; and the blue glitter is the snow falling. So gorgeous!
Photos show three coats with a glitter gradient accent nail using Flocons de Neige Sous L'aurore.
Application was a breeze, no fishing required.
Overall, this polish is a perfect winter shade since it's reminiscent of snowfall - I can see it with snowflake stamping. I can also see it in nautical manicures. If you're a fan of glitter in white crellies, this polish is for you.
Flocons de Neige Sous L'aurore - Pastel circle glitters mixed in with white glitters with a generous helping of snowflakes! AND SHIMMER!!! I DIE!! It's seriously so pretty over a pastel or even a darker polish.
As you can see, this polish is a glitter topper in an clear base that's filled with iridescent purple micro shimmer. There are varying sizes of pastel purple and blue matte metallic circles; as well as white hexes in various sizes. There are also white star and snowflakes.
This polish makes me think of icicles glistening in the sun. So shimmery and delicate.
 Other polishes used: butter LONDON Billy No Mates, and Sally Hansen XTreme Wear White On.
Photos show two coats over base polishes and three coats on accent nail.
Application wasn't bad. I did some glitter placement and shifting for an even looking. I did minimal fishing for the colored glitter. If you want the snowflakes they do require a bit of fishing, BUT that's why each bottle comes with loose snowflake glitter too. Darling Diva thought of everything.
Overall, I really love this polish too. It's an great addition for one's winter nail wardrobe. I also suspect that since the snowflakes are not overly dense, this polish would work great for spring over a pastel gradient.
I hope you enjoy these polishes as much as I do. Do you have a favorite?  You can purchase Darling Diva polishes in their Etsy or Big Cartel shops; and check them out on Facebook too (hint: they post promo sale codes here). Cult Nails Wicked Fast was used as a topper for all swatches. Please, feel free to  leave me you're feedback or any questions you might have. I'd like to hear if you like the layout of comments in between swatches, instead of before. In addition, let me know if you have any requests/ideas you would like to see. These Darling Diva polishes were provided to me for my honest review and swatches.