Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pretty & Polished Swatches and Reviews

Today I have a random assortment of Pretty & Polished lacquers for you; they include For Sweater or Worse, Pixy Chix, and Aurora.

For Sweater or Worse - "Fall is a lovely time to get married. You fall in love for better or for worse. We think this polish is definitely for better! For Sweater or Worse is a lush, rich purple creme that you can wear year round! Its a bold fashion statement in a bottle!" The description was so cute I had to include it! This is a 2 coat creme that glides on smoothly. I love cremes and a great purple; so this polish is my favorite of the haul. Actually, I wish I could have purchased their entire fall collection, because they were all stunners.
Pixy Chix - "Pixy Chix is inspired by everyone's favorite powdered candy, Pixy Stix! You will find all the delicious colors of this favorite candy in this polish. Use over another color or layer on itself to have completely candy coated tips!" (The name also reminds me of the Dixy Chicks..) This is a clear, glitter heavy topper filled with red, orange, green, blue and purple matte micro glitter. I fill this polish has to ability to create a lot of different looks depending on what you put it over. Swatches show 3 coats over OPI Chop-Sticking To My Story with topcoat. Accent nails stamped with Zoya Holly and P&P For Sweater or Worse and MoYou London Landscape Collection plate 06.
Aurora - "A medium blue crelly (creme/jelly) base" moderately filled with green, blue, and purple medium sized hexes. The blue base is gorgeous and dries to a rubberized finish. Since there isn't much glitter, you'll have to fish for it if you want more. For my swatches I tipped the bottle upside down for about 10 minutes prior to swatching. This polish went on smoothly, 3 coats shown in swatches without topcoat.
For Sweater or Worse was my favorite; and I was especially pleased by how well it stamped. You can purchase Pretty & Polished products on their site, and follow them on Facebook. Please, feel free to leave me you're feedback or any questions you might have. In addition, let me know if you have any requests/ideas you would like to see. All my polishes are purchased by me (or a gift from a friend, not supplier) unless otherwise stated.