Saturday, September 7, 2013

31DC2013 : Julep's Sea Salt Meets Metallic


Day 8 of Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge 2013 is here (I just realized I mixed up day 7 & 8, heh). So here are my Metallic Nails a day early.

I'm normally not a pink girl (you'll see me mention this a lot), but when I find a great pink, a girl like me can compromise. This combination was great. The sea salt polish applied like a dream & lasted without any topcoat wonderfully (as you'll see below in my day 4 pictures). If you've never worn a sea salt/textured finish polish, please know that the key I've found is thin coats & waiting for the previous to dry. In my photos you see 3 very thin coats, but with 2 normal coats you can get a gumdrop like finish.
I am a huge fan of sea salt finish nails. So pairing that texture with the smooth look of a metallic was only natural. Mattifying my metallic, just made it perfect.
  Colors used: Julep Madeline (pale pink, sea salt finish), Zelda (pink champagne metallic), & Camille (iridescent glitter topper); butter LONDON Matte Finish topcoat (only over metallic nails)
If you've never tried Julep, check them out & become a Julep Maven here: http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/169683/. Becoming a maven allows you to get special monthly deals, discounts, and free shipping; plus you can cancel or skip boxes as you choose.
As always, please feel free to  leave me you're feedback on the manicure or any questions. In addition, let me know if you have any requests/ideas you would like to see me do. All my polishes are purchased by me (or a gift from a friend, not supplier) unless otherwise stated.  

#31dc2013   #31DC2013