Sunday, September 8, 2013

31DC2013 : Windestine Asbestos & Carbon Copy (in B&W)

Day 7 of Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge 2013 is here on day 8, because I mixed them up when reading them, heh. Today's challenge is B&W nails, and when I read this I knew right off the bat I wanted to utilize Windestine Asbestos and Carbon Copy to make a static TV look.


Carbon Copy - Small matte black glitter in a clear base.
Asbestos - Small matte white glitter in a clear base.

Both polishes applied smoothly. On my pinky and pointer finger you can see how nicely they create a gradient from one coat to three coats. My other nails feature two coats. This polish applies very thin, so as it builds it does not get very thick like I've experienced with many other polishes. I found this wonderful, because you can really build a nice glitter gradient without fear of it chipping quickly.
The base colors for this manicure are Zoya Purity and Raven. My ring & middle finger feature a saran wrap technique (for a heavy color I applied my base & once dry, I applied my opposing color onto crumpled saran wrap & then dabbed it over my nail). My thumb I did a gradient with a wet Q-tip (the grey is both colors applied next to each other & dabbed in a rotating motion across my nail) for a more grainy gradient.

On day two I had to try it with butter LONDON Matte Finish. Love!
So which version do you like best, sheen or matte? I'm still deciding..As always, please feel free to  leave me you're feedback on the manicure or any questions. In addition, let me know if you have any requests/ideas you would like to see me do. All my polishes are purchased by me (or a gift from a friend, not supplier) unless otherwise stated.  

#31dc2013   #31DC2013